you must be a bit scared

21:18

enjoying your sunday evening?

:)

I got my Wii back on thursday! I've pretty much been living in mario world since then. It's really freaky though - if I play mariokart for too long in one day I go crazy. I hear the music EVERYWHERE! So if I'm trying to get to sleep or something all I hear is 'dun dun dun dun dundundun dun dun DA DUN da dun dun dadundun'.

Well, you all know the Mario music.

In the latest Sugar mag there was this really interesting article on teenage homelessness. One of the writers went round different places in England where there are homeless people and teens and spoke to them etc. Imagine how long the days would be if you didn't know where you were going to sleep that night, then spending the night in pure terror in case someone found you.

I'm thinking about all the people like that in Belfast right now.

Also, how people have all these prejudices/sterotypes/discrimination against homeless people. The main cause for homelessness in Northern Ireland is family and relationship breakdowns. One girl in Sugar said she ran away when her dad lost his jub, started drinking and getting violent with her and her mum. It's really sad.

And look at me, talking about how I got my Wii back a few days ago.. taking for granted there's a warm bed upstairs in a safe house...

We are all extremely lucky.

xoxo
kate

music therapy:
ignorance - paramore

5 comments:

  1. Yes, we really are. You have to feel sorry or those people, even though some might be drunk or scary.

  2. yeah we're lucky. in perth where i live there is an underpass so people can cross a bridge. the bridge is suported by massive square pillars which have a gap on top. if you walk through there you can see all the peoples blankets, where they've hidden them.

  3. Kate, Do you know of the American Dolls over here? They cost $95 dollars. They just started making a homeless doll and the money they make goes to charities that help the homeless. Here, most homeless families live in their cars. The doll doesn't come with a car though.

  4. the money that homeless people have they spend on alcohol so the pain lessens and they sleep at night, is what the mag article said.

    the american doll sounds like a really great charity :) thanks for commenting!

  5. yay! thank you kate