Comic Relief!

19:28

Yesterday, (Friday the 13th - AGAIN), was Red Nose Day in the UK. A.K.A Comic Relief! Woop!

Comic Relief is a charity that fights against malaria in Africa, and helps out young carers,  runaways etc in the UK, too.

It's pretty awesome.

Anyhow, I wore a red nose to school yesterday, but our form tutor was annoyed with our class because some peeps  messed around in History on Thursday, and our history teacher came to registration in the morning and complained :( He made us write an essay in form period on 'why respect is important'. Mine was really deep. I said, 'Together, with respect, (school), the city, the country, the world, will be a better place.'

Oh yeah... Anyhow.

He made anyone with a red nose take them off. It's lucky my hair covered the red heart drawn on my cheek with lip-liner :P

The TV is great for Comic Relief. I watched the doc of the celebs climbing up Mount Kilamanjaro, it was so good. They raised so much money. 

And then there was Comic Relief Does The Apprentice, the Mamma Mia spoof (that was hilarious), the Ricky Gervais thing... and of course the videos showing the effects of malaria. Those videos were so sad, and a bit distressing too. I mean, who likes to see babies die? I sent the text message that donates a fiver, buys a mosquito net, and saves a life pretty much. Then my family called in and gave £50 which gives emergency treatment to 40 kids with malaria.

One child dies every 30 seconds from malaria. That's one million every year, and it's a preventable cause!! 

To anyone who did see it - did you see the video of the teacher who asked her class to put up their hands if they knew someone who died from malaria? The whole class had their hands up. I was in tears the whole time. 

But, omygosh, you will never believe how much money the raised!!!

OVER £57,000,000! 57 MILLION POUNDS!!!!!!!!

That will help so much

What else. It's my school's ski trip. I really wish I'd gone! I was allowed to!! I didn't want to at the time, but I do now! They're away to Austria.

Downloading some music... yesterday and today iTunes are donating 20p from the 79p a song costs in the UK top 40. I bought a few, Right Round, I'm Yours, Broken Strings... and I just bought Taylor Swift's album :)

Feels good to help the world.

lots of love
kate xx


1 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful post Kate and thankfully there are peeps like you in this world giving me some hope.