I'm a Rock'n'Roll Chick.

19:03

Hello!

A few days ago I got the soundtrack to the movie The Boat That Rocked. Haven't seen the movie - it's a 15, :'( - but the soundtrack is awesome.

I have to admit, I was a little nervous about buying it, 'coz it's all classic 60s/70s rock 'n' roll, and what not. I'm more of a modern-indie-rock-pop-type'a gal, myself, but I really love it.

36 songs for £9.99! Or around $20.. I don't know the exchange rate :P

Anyhow, it's full of timeless classics.

My faves are All Day and All of The Night - The Kinks
Wouldn't It Be Nice - The Beach Boys
Elenore - The Turtles
Judy in Disguise (With Glasses) - John Fred & His Playboy Band
Dancing In The Street - Martha Reeves & The Vandellas
Crimson & Clover - Tommy James & The Shondells
The Letter - The Box Tops
Silence Is Golden - The Tremeloes
Friday On My Mind - Easybeats
My Generation - The Who
I Feel Free - Cream
Cleo's Mood - Jr.Walker & The All-Stars
The Happening - The Supremes
98.6 - The Bystanders
Sunny Afternoon - The Kinks
You Don't Have to Say You Love Me - Dusty Springfield (;P)
Let's Dance - David Bowie

So, if you're contemplating buying/downloading it, I say hell yeah.

xoxo
kate

5 comments:

  1. that about the right eschange rate to aussie dollars.

  2. Cool! I havn't heard the songs, but I want to! They have some interesting titles...

  3. lol cool!

  4. Happy 13 1/2 birthday to you. I know every song on that list and they are loaded with messages that are timeless. Enjoy!

  5. Anonymous said...

    Am listening to the soundtrack on Spotify at the moment, and it's looking really good!

    I should always check out the songs you like - I think you like pretty much the same as me!!

    I think you should definitely check out The Academy Is... if you haven't heard them already. They are my favourite band - genre: Alternative Rock.

    I especially recommend songs of Santi, as their newest album isn't as good.

    :) Happy 1/2 birthday!!

    It's my 14 birthday next Sunday :D