Make your own....HAIRCLIPS!

21:26

This super cool girl Jackie left a comment on my last post where I showed you the jewellery I've made. I was checking out her blog (which is really fabu btw) and she had on her Christmas wishlist these funky hairclips she would like. Well..you know me.. if I can make it I do.. so I thought I'd show you all how to make hairclips like the ones on Jackie's blog!!


You will need

Plain cheapo hairclips (CLIPS not slides)

Buttons or charms or ribbon

Superglue (borrow some from the tech department if you don't have any)


Buttons or charms

Figure out where you want the button or charm to go. Well, obviously it's going to be on the thicker part, but if you have a smiley charm or something and you place it upside-down, it'll look weeeeird. So put the clip in a place in your hair you'll probably wear it. When you're sure it's right, dot some glue on the clip and pop it in place. Leave to dry completely for about 30mins-1hr.


Ribbon

Ribbons look seriously funky in hairclips. Whatever colour or pattern, even if it's from a birthday cake. Tartan will look spesh cool.

Anyhow you need about 50cm of it. Tie it in a cute bow, and do the same thing where you make sure it's in the right place. Dot some glue on the clip, then hold the ribbon firmly in place.


Voila! Your own funky and free hairclips. :P

1 comments:

  1. It seems simple enough. I'll have to dig up some cute charms to see what I can create. Thanks for sharing!