at least we got exercise...

16:37

Heya

Soo. Today we went on a geography trip in school for the whole day to the Glens of Antrim to study rocks and rivers.

Seriously!! I know!!

Why anyone would want to do this for a living I cannot fathom. We had to get rulers out, go stand in a scary fast moving river and measure the pebbles. Naturally I slipped.

It was actually a pretty good day 'coz I mostly just messed around.. :)

Unfortunately in Northern Ireland it rains. Quite a lot, actually. Yes, even in summer.

The rain didn't get me wet though, although my jeans are sticking to my legs which is rather uncomfortable. I have quite an, erm, competitive spirit (unless it's to do with sport!) and was trying to beat someone on how far they could go into the sea. I've been walking around with water sloshing about in my wellies for the whole day XD

Mostly though we walked up this big enormous gigantic huge massive mountain to look at waterfalls... I thought I was going to vomit. lol! At least we got exercise..

So, because I am so wet and my feet smell a little of seaweed, I am going to have a 30minute long shower!! :D

Hope you've had a nice, relatively dry day!

NOTE: the pebbles downstream are bigger than those upstream.

kate xx

music therapy
phoenix - lisztomania

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    The pebbles UPstream are bigger than downstream! Tut tut, werent you listening to mr.brophy's rants? lol But it was a fun day!

  2. i did the tag thingy! that's what i say. i'm always going at5 least... most commmonly at least i tried! this proves how unco i am at sport!

  3. It's almost always hot and dry here. A walk up a mountain to look at waterfalls would make me a little sea sick too.

  4. my reply to Jenny is: no, of course I don't listen, my dear.

    Anna: lol!! I'm AWFUL at P.E too. I have a foolproof plan for getting out of sports day.

    Pouty: I can't even IMAGINE living in arizona. seriously! it's nice here today though - but it's probably only half as warm as it is over there!!

    thanks guys for commenting :D

    xoxo kate

  5. haha my dad studied rocks during college, he has this stupid piece of mud from a billion years ago or something, its so odd