Epifany!!

16:51

It's funny how much you can learn from really small things.

Sunday morning, I was just lying in bed, listening to my iPod. I hadn't played the games on it in ages, and I used to be completely addicted to the game Vortex, so I clicked on it.

I was on a level where if you smash a certain brick you get a bonus 3 balls. There are two of them, so in a few seconds I had six balls. They were smashing all the bricks and it was really hard keeping track of them. I wanted to keep the original ball (I'm weird in that way. Smidge of OCD, although I don't write my name forty times if I don't do it 'properly'.) but when I'd lost them I had no idea which it was...

...and then I realised something magnificent...!

When you're doing something, or fighting for something, that a million other people want, it can be really hard to pick out individuals. 

Say you're up in a helicopter, looking down on a crowd of 300 people, and you have to find one. It will not be easy!

Lots of things (mags, TV etc) are starting to preach 'be different' or 'stand out' instead of 'look cool' or 'lip gloss is a girls best friend'. Which it is, but, anyhow...

That's all very well, but personally I don't agree with it. I don't mean you should be a sheep, stick with the crowd and do what everyone else is doing, but if you're trying so hard to be different, that's what you'll look like. Like you're trying so hard to be something you're not.

What I believe in, is to be yourself. If you really do have a different fashion or music taste from your friends, that's great that you are being your own person and not caring what someone might say or think. But then again, if you have a real passion for music in the charts or love the clothes celebs wear and like to head out looking for a similar jacket to the one someone wore to a movie premiere etc. that's great too. Because you're being your own person, as well.

Basically what I'm saying is, don't try so hard to fit in or be different. Be yourself, and that's what will make you happy. xD

xoxox

1 comments:

  1. Hey! Sooooo excited too. I'm bck bloggin again so check out my latest posts.
    Rainbow Sparkles
    xx