Maths - :( and :)

16:53

Last two periods every Friday, I have double maths.

It truly truly sucks! It's just so boring! Science is worse though...

Anyhooo - This hour of maths this afternoon was possibly the worst, yet funniest hour of maths in my grammar school life. 

First - a boy in my class was off yesterday, and he phoned someone to get the homework, but they only told him half of what we actually had to do. Mr. Hamilton (maths teacher, I call him Hammy for short) asked him who told him that, but the boy didn't want to say 'coz he felt he would betray his 'friend' or whatever. So Hammy told him to wait outside to 'think about it'. Typical teachers. Oldest trick in the book. We just stand out there and text someone or listen to iPods etc. 

Hammy must have been pretty annoyed (the boy - his name is Fionn ((pronounced Fin)) was being a good friend - it was a nice thing to do, trying not to get his mate in trouble, but Hammy just thought he was being inconvenient) so, in a spur of lets-annoy-the-adolescents moment, he moved everyone around. So instead of sitting beside one of my girlfs, I'm now stuck beside this dude who loads of my friends fancy! I'm basically the only one who doesn't. He picks his nose, for flips sake. And they know this! Love is blind, I s'pose. 

And then, while we were all grumbling, he decided to evaluate our skills with negative numbers by asking two questions to everyone. Amazingly I got away with both questions correct. Phew. 

He must have been having a real urge to make us hate him. He gave us twenty ridiculous questions to do for homework. Negative numbers again. And question 1 has four questions and each of the four questions in Q1 has like 15 parts to it. Minus minus 5 multipled by minus 8 added to 7 minus 9. Have I confused you enough?

So, there I was, stuck beside the nose-picker, taking these questions down, when, suddenly, a great big ker-thump-bash came from behind me. 

The two boys sitting at the desk behind me had been swinging on their chairs, but had gone too far and grabbed the table for support, bring it down with them. So when I turned around, all I saw was a desk, two chairs and two boys, with their feet up in the air. 

It was silent, apart from a few 'what happened's from the corner, and then a few titters, and then I burst out laughing. 

You cannot even fathom how funny they looked. It was so friggin' hilarious!!!!!!
I got the best view. I don't think anyone laughed as hard as me!

They got a two page essay on chair-safety though. I feel bad for them, and all, but it would have been worth it if it was me. 

The complete hilarity of the situation cancelled out the crap-ness of the first 45 minutes. 

Maths is so unpredictable.

xoxox 

1 comments:

  1. lolz!

    I have some interesting snippets about that double maths aswell!
    But was sooo friggin funny! lol!
    Fionn never phoned anyone, he just did half the work in class! And I happened to be sitting behind the boys who fell (jesus it was scary!) because we almost fell down two - but swite was holding the table at the time! lolz and omg AOK really picks his nose??? and your friends all fancy him? wow! Oh yeah I have some great news! and also some very shocking news! Anyways the good news is the boy I've liked for 6 months is now my boyfriend! YEAH! But the bad news is Charlotte tried 2 see him when I liked him back in May and she knew! Anyways sup?