apologies tessa and american peeps!

16:44

OK, here's the dealio.

Second post yesterday, I said 'There are, like, 100 sites. God I just sounded American.'

And [tess], who is trés cool btw - her blog is awesome, said something along the lines of 'What's wrong with being/sounding American?'

Whoa whoa whoa whoa. There is nothing wrong with being American. What?!? I blog about my thoughts, my day, life etc. If I said 'There are like 100 sites' to a friend, they wouldn't say 'You sound American.' What's the difference? I want to live in America for flip's sake. As well as Paris and London. Rome probably too. 

But in my head, it sounded American. I don't know why either. HONESTLY I'm not thinking of excuses or anything. I said it in my head with an American accent. And typed down how I just sounded American. The word 'God' before it probably made it sound worse, like it was a bad thing. It was NOT. I was just blogging my thoughts.

And then I went on Tess's blog to leave a comment to apologise etc, and I kept clicking Post Comment but it wouldn't come up. I made her hits thing go from like 24 to 32 or something. Lol =). Anyhow on her blog she had posted about discrimination about Americans, and it was probably sparked off by me. I really was so upset. The whole post wasn't about what I'd said, obvs, but still. I was soo not assuming stuff, about most people not meeting American people and think they are stupid. I have met Americans, actually, I have a few relatives there and a few friends who either moved from America to Ireland or are born and bred Americans. 

So, to Tess mainly, but if there are any other American bloggers who happened to have stumbled across my last post and thinks I am some sort of discriminating bitch, I am SO SORRY if you were offended. I actually love America and can't wait til I go to Calafornia!!!

Please forgive me =( 


kate xxxxxxxx

1 comments:

  1. lol
    I wanna get into reading twilight!
    My aunt stood up till 10 in the morning reading!

    Congrats!! :]