Labels. Ah, they suck.

20:10

Hiii!!

You know the way I'm really deep and everything? With always something intellectual and fascinating to say? 

OMG, seriously don't drink water that's been left out overnight. If it looks bubbly, and it's not lemonade, don't go anywhere near it unless you are literally dying of thirst. It tastes like PUKE.

Yes, well, in R.E we've been studying different denominations of Christianity (Catholics & Protestants), and I realised that this whole 'labels' thing is just crap. 

And not just religious labels. I'm Catholic, and I go to a Catholic school, but SO WHAT? Seriously? That's just one thing I am. I'm also a Libra and I mostly like pop and indie guitar type music, and I'm a vegetarian, and I'm a serious book junkie and I'm a chocaholic.. the list goes on. 

I live in Belfast, and there was a lot of tension between Catholics and Protestants. A lot. And that's settled down now, what with ecumenism etc. But maybe people are just fed up of being judged by what church they go to or what part of the city they live in. 

Really, if someone said to me 'Hey, I'm a Protestant.' I'd be just like, 'Oh, really? Have you seen [insert movie name in here].' 

Or if there was a girl in my year who had a black school bag with skull and MCR badges stuck on, I'd still be completely interested in what her opinion on global warming, or something, was. 

Hmm. I wonder if cliques annoy me too. Actually, now that I think about it, they don't. If you like hip-hop and want to hang around with people who also like hip-hop, that's perfectly normal. Having things in common. What is bad, is when people of said hip-hop group refuse to talk to or be friends with someone from the drama club. That's really stupid. Because that person could introduce you to a whole new thing. What's wrong with being a hip-hop loving drama girl? Or boy. But the majority (actually whole) of the commenters and followers are les filles. 

So whatever your colour, creed (beliefs), nationality, music taste, fashion sense, etc. etc. etc. it doesn't matter. 'Cause you are unique and beautiful, baybee! 

Aw, I'm all full of love at the mo. 
Love love love, Kate

xoxox xD





2 comments:

  1. Kate, wow, you have figured out a few things that took me years to figure out. You are very wise (yes and deep) and Pouty don't speak no nonsense this time GF!

  2. I read this again today (Sunday) because it's so good. What does les filles mean? Does it mean tomboyish? Not girlie? Inquiring minds want to know.