Sundays and Musicals

18:06

Happy Sunday!

Sundays are my lazy days. Unless I'm doing something. Then it's just Sunday.

Kate's analysis of weekends: 
Friday - happy, free
Saturday - super-fun, jam-packed, smiley
Sunday - lazy, lie-about-and-do-nothing, painting toenails-type-of-day. Not boring, just Sunday. 

I have nothing against Sundays. I like Sundays.

xD   <<> Look! It's a little guy smiling! Aw, c'mon, that's hilarious! xD so beats :D. FACT.


Poutalicious left a comment on my last post (Twilight excitement, Friday high) asking whether I'd seen Hairspray, 'coz she thought I'd love it.

Yess, I do love Hairspray! And the whole thing got me started on musicals. Here are my top five...

1. Mamma Mia! The Movie.
Absolutely fabs! Sophie is getting married, but has no idea who her father is, and she wants him to give her away! After reading her mum's diary she discovers she has three possible dads, and invites them all to the wedding. But can she find out who her real dad is and keep them hidden from her mother at the same time? THIS is the musical you want to watch at a sleepover with your bezzies. Put it on sing-a-long mode, dance about and warble along to ABBAs hits!!!

2. Moulin Rouge!
I love this movie! This guy Christian moves to Paris because he wants to get into this culture who I've forgotten the name of. He meets this musical troupe who are putting on a show called Spectacular! Spectacular! who hope to do it in the Moulin Rouge in Paris. The girl who gets a part in it is supposed to spend the night with Duke who wants to buy the cabaret, but ends up accidently picking Christian instead! Brilliant and sad and funkadellic all at the same time. Watch it snuggled up in your jammies with a tub of Ben & Jerrys. xD

3. Funny Face!
Audrey is the bees-knees in this movie! It's defo one of my faves of hers. Bookstore worker Jo is perfectly happy as an intellectual, opinionated librarian but when Dick, fashion photographer, discovers her and insists she comes to Paris to do a shooting for Quality magazine, Jo only goes because she wants to talk to this French philosopher. Too bad nothing's simple in the city of luuurve... 

4. Grease!
OK, who doesn't love this movie? New girl Sandy meets cool dude Danny and get lost in a summer romance... but when they find out they're at the same high school, will their clique differences break them apart or bring them closer?!?! Coolest songs ever that will stay in your head for at least 3 days or so. Grease is the word. 

5. Hairspray!
[have you noticed all musicals seem to have an exclamation mark?!]
I'm talking about the new version, by the way, with Zac Efron and John Travolta. Pleasantly plump Tracy Turnblad loves dancing, so when she gets a spot on the Corny Collins teen dancing show she is overjoyed! It's so unfair that the coloured kids only get to dance on the show once a month, but she's the only one who feels like this. So with the help of some seriously cool dance moves and cheery, happy songs, Tracy tries to intergrate the show! Hey, it's the 60s!


What are your fave musicals?

Kate xxx

P.S yeah I know it's Monday today. I'm off school today on a study day as exams start tomorrow (eek), but I didn't finish this post yesterday so I decided to grace you all with my wisdom. You're welcome xD



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.
  2. I loved Funny Face. I did not know that Audrey Hepburn could dance or sing until seeing that flick. You have a good list going already. I might add Chicago and West Side Story. i like some of the Disney movies like the Lion King and classic Snow White from 1937. "Some day my prince will come" although operatic rocks.